LOCATION: Avon Park, FL
POSTING DATE: Friday, January 5, 2018
- General knowledge of trucking industry.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the position requirements acquired through SMI or previous job.
- Experience working in a diverse and fast paced atmosphere.
- Above average level of organizational and computer skill sets to include the ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to communicate with all employees, customers, and members
- Must be available to work multiple shifts and extended hours to include weekends and holidays
- Producer & Plant Protocol
- Ensure all producer pickups are executed in accordance to PMO standards as well as SMI policies and procedures
- All producer pickup times are correctly listed on dispatch sheet & verified as accurate in the masters
- Ensure all applicable farms are planned, assigned appropriate labor, and picked up within the listed pickup window
- All plant boards continuously updated throughout dispatchers shift
- Ensure all bills of lading are correct and acceptable to SMI and customer standards
- Yard Jockey unloading sheet is verified and used to update or modify tanker status in plant boards.
- Tanker statuses are continuously updated in the plant boards throughout the dispatch shift.
- All plant & specialty plant deliveries are listed in the dispatch sheet and assigned a driver
- Ensure all plant orders are fulfilled and received before or by plant cut off time
- Ensure all restricted loads are planned and dispatched to the correct plants.Any restricted load dispatched to the incorrect plant must be immediately communicated to theArea Terminal Manager
- Any plant rejected loads are properly and immediately communicated to the Traffic Coordinator, Assistant Traffic Coordinator, SMI Lab, South Area Terminal Manager, Assistant Terminal Manager, other terminal Dispatchers, and finally indicated in the shift report
Plant tanker inventory is properly balanced and maintained to ensure efficient tanker utilization
- Planning & Execution
Execute consistent planning that promotes the most effective and efficient route pickup/delivery coordination for all shifts based on:
- Producer Rotations
- Plant Demand
- Direct pickup and delivery ( farm to plant )
- Labor allocations
- Continue to increaseknowledge base and capabilities of SMI software and hardware to cultivate more effective dispatch decisions and communications
Demonstrate efficient and effective shift planning, execution, and coordination in anindependent manor that satisfies SMI terminal, member, and customer requirements
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will continuously be required to sit, stand, walk, use hand controls, demonstrate finger dexterity, talk, hear, and see.
- The employee will occasionally be required to drive, lift, carry, push or pull up to 50lbs., use foot controls, climb greater than 4ft., balance, twist, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, handle, and smell.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The employee will occasionally be exposed to cold, vibrations, a wet or humid environment, cluttered floor surfaces, slippery floor surfaces, contact with skin irritants, contact with sharp objects, hazardous cleaning solutions, and nuisance dust, fumes or sprays.
- All forms of communication are to be conducted in respectful and professional manor.
- Complete daily detailed shift reports.
- General housekeeping of the work station to include the dispatch office and terminal.
- Other duties assigned by the Area Terminal Manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Southeast Milk, Inc. promotes an equal employment opportunity work place and a drug free workplace. Southeast Milk, Inc. employees are expected to perform duties assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and responsibilities may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
For best results, please use Internet Explorer to submit applications.