LOCATION: Ultra Filtration, Baconton, GA
POSTING DATE: Wednesday, December 6, 2017
- Bachelor’s degree in food science, food microbiology, biology, chemistry, or related field preferred; or 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have an acceptable background check and a negative pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have proof of U.S. Citizenship or have a valid work visa.
- Must be certified and have the ability to use, read and interpret results of microscope and all lab equipment used for testing.
- Have good vision in order to check characteristics of all products.
- Experience or training in microbiology or food science a plus.
- Ability to work in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Excellent math skills.
- Prefer previous lab experience.
- Ability to read and write legibly.
- Computer skills in Word, Excel and all computer programs used in lab testing and reporting.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair lab equipment a plus.
- Ability to learn technical procedures to process tests.
- Run butter fat test, check for water in milk, and check acidity levels.
- Plate finished product and supply to determine bacterial levels.
- Taste test products and raw supply.
- Run tests for presence of antibiotics.
- Document all tests that are run.
- Accurately completes and files all required paperwork/reports with proper agency/department in a timely manner.
- Help keep supplies stocked in labs.
- Place product on hold that does not meet quality standards.
- GMP’s weekly audit/score
- Coordinates all regulatory inspections
- Maintains all regulatory programs including but not limited to HAACP, OSHA, Glass, log books etc.
- Ensure all safety stations and first aid stations are inspected, replenished, in code and maintained monthly
Secondary Job Functions
- Keep work area in a sanitary condition
- Ensure all CIP systems are within standards
- Ensure all production/processing equipment is cleaned/sanitized
- Other related duties as assigned
- The employee will frequently stand, carry/push/lift up to 50 lbs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach up to a level of 8 feet and climb a height of up to 10 ft.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and demonstrate manual dexterity while performing job duties.
- The employee will be occasionally exposed to twisting of the back and neck
- The employee will continuously stand, walk, handle, talk, see, and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in all plant production areas, both inside and outside, and is frequently exposed to cold, extreme heat, wet and/or humid environment.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to cluttered and slippery floor surfaces, and contact with sharp objects, skin irritants, hazardous cleaning solutions, hazardous equipment (mechanical moving parts), and nuisance dust, fumes, and sprays.
- The employee is continuously exposed to vibrations
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
This position is classified as a safety-sensitive position; Responsible for creating and maintaining a safety-conscious work environment according to policies and procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Southeast Milk, Inc. promotes an equal employment opportunity work place and a drug free workplace. Southeast Milk, Inc. employees are expected to perform duties assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and responsibilities may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
For best results, please use Internet Explorer to submit applications.