LOCATION: Ultra Filtration, Baconton, GA
POSTING DATE: Wednesday, December 6, 2017
- Must have a minimum of technical training/certifications in maintenance/packaging maintenance and 1-2 years of experience and/or five (5) years maintenance experience in electrical, Freon refrigeration (industrial), boiler operation and overall equipment operations.
- Ability to work in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Must have an acceptable background check and a negative pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have proof of U.S. Citizenship or have a valid work visa.
- Experience with the following equipment required:Pumps, motors, Ethernet modules, VFD controllers and sanitary valves.
- Basic knowledge of PLC ladder logic.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to work flexible hours. This role will be a second shift operation.
- Keep plant and all equipment maintained to insure optimal production and quality.
- Perform all work in a safe manner using lock-out/tag-out procedures, PPE, MSDS.
- Visually inspect all equipment daily for proper operation; review Daily Downtime Book at the beginning of each shift to determine any potential equipment issues.
- Troubleshoot any unscheduled process equipment issues in a timely manner -- both electrical and mechanical.
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC input and output cards, analog input and output cards.
- Ability to read schematics and electrical drawings.
- Basic welding is preferred.
- Knowledge of programming VFD drives, motor wiring, ability to use a volt meter and able to trouble shoot high voltage (480 volt) and low voltage (24 volt), relays, transformer and power supplies.
- Troubleshoot, replace and program flow meters. Adjust PID loops, level control systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair control systems, temperature controllers, pressure sensors - - 20ma signals, chart recorders, solid state relays, timers and RTD’s.
- Schedule needed downtime around production schedule when possible.
- Assist with the maintenance of boilers, air compressors, condensers and Freon chilling equipment.
- Repair/rebuild pumps, motors, repair seals kits and tear down a separator.
- Keep maintenance shop clean and orderly.
- Install new equipment and project future equipment issues.
- Report quality or safety problems to Supervisor.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Yard Tractor to keep facility running.
- Other related duties as assigned
- The employee will frequently stand, carry/push/lift up to 50 lbs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach up to a level of 8 feet and climb a height of up to 10 ft.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and demonstrate manual dexterity while performing job duties.
- The employee will be occasionally exposed to twisting of the back and neck
- The employee will continuously stand, walk, handle, talk, see, and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in all plant production areas, both inside and outside, and is frequently exposed to cold, extreme heat, wet and/or humid environment.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to cluttered and slippery floor surfaces, and contact with sharp objects, skin irritants, hazardous cleaning solutions, hazardous equipment (mechanical moving parts), and nuisance dust, fumes, and sprays.
- The employee is continuously exposed to vibrations
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
This position is classified as a safety-sensitive position; Responsible for creating and maintaining a safety-conscious work environment according to policies and procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Southeast Milk, Inc. promotes an equal employment opportunity work place and a drug free workplace. Southeast Milk, Inc. employees are expected to perform duties assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and responsibilities may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
For best results, please use Internet Explorer to submit applications.