Milk Hauler-Okeechobee, FL
LOCATION: Okeechobee, FL
POSTING DATE: Tuesday, July 10, 2018
- 1 ½ years of fulltime verifiable tractor-trailer combination experience
- Valid Class A drivers license
- Tanker Endorsement
- Acceptable communication skill sets to include an understanding of simple arithmetic
- Report and ready for duty as scheduled.
- Meet as well as maintain current DOT medical certification.
- Maintain valid class A CDL w/ required endorsements & acceptable MVR.
- Maintain Department of Agricultural Milk Permit/Certification
- Responsible for maintaining and adhering to all SMI policies, DOT regulations and Department Agriculture requirements both as an employee, Milk Hauler, and finally as a holder of a valid Class A driver license.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and professional manner that is in accordance to SMI polices and DOT regulations
- Execute error free work
- Must be able to work early or late hours, weekends, and major holidays
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit, stand, walk, drive, use hand controls, use foot controls, demonstrate manual dexterity, twist back and neck, hear, and see.
- The employee is frequently required to climb greater than 4ft., balance, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, handle, lift, carry, push or pull up to 50lbs., and enter / exit a commercial vehicle.
- The employee is occasionally required to talk and smell.
- Regularly lift, push, move, pull or drag up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The ability to concentrate for extended periods of time.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug test, physical, and background check.
- This position is classified as a safety-sensitive position; Responsible for creating and maintaining a safety-conscious work environment according to policies and procedures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to cold, extreme heat, cluttered floor surfaces, contact with sharp object, contact with skin irritants, hazardous cleaning solutions, hazardous equipment (mechanical moving parts), and nuisance dusty, fumes, and sprays.
- The employee is frequently exposed to a wet or humid environment, and slippery floor surfaces.
- The employee is continuously exposed to vibrations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Southeast Milk, Inc. promotes an equal employment opportunity work place and a drug free workplace. Southeast Milk, Inc. employees are expected to perform duties assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and responsibilities may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
For best results, please use Internet Explorer to submit applications.