LOCATION: Ultra Filtration, Baconton, GA
POSTING DATE: Wednesday, December 6, 2017
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in food processing and sanitary conditions.
- Ability to pass State milk sampling and handling license.
- Must have an acceptable background check and a negative pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have proof of U.S. Citizenship or have a valid work visa.
- Strong, honest work ethic with ability to handle multiple tasks daily.
- Ability to provide organization to receiving area.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graph.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- CDL or experience driving Yard Dogs is desired
- Sampling, handling and weighing of milk.
- Movement and parking of milk tankers.
- Proper receiving and unloading of milk tankers.
- Proper loading of UF and cream tankers.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Maintain sanitary conditions and quality programs.
- Monitor costs including product loss.
- Maintain all receiving equipment including the yard tractors in clean and proper conditions.
- Record and report all required data and information.
- Interface with milk processor during shift.
- Handle milk in accordance with State and company procedures.
- Perform required milk handling requirements.
- Report quality or safety problems to Plant Manager.
- Other related duties as assigned
- The employee will frequently stand, carry/push/lift up to 50 lbs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach up to a level of 8 feet and climb a height of up to 10 ft.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and demonstrate manual dexterity while performing job duties.
- The employee will be occasionally exposed to twisting of the back and neck
- The employee will continuously stand, walk, handle, talk, see, and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in all plant production areas, both inside and outside, and is frequently exposed to cold, extreme heat, wet and/or humid environment.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to cluttered and slippery floor surfaces, and contact with sharp objects, skin irritants, hazardous cleaning solutions, hazardous equipment (mechanical moving parts), and nuisance dust, fumes, and sprays.
- The employee is continuously exposed to vibrations
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
This position is classified as a safety-sensitive position; Responsible for creating and maintaining a safety-conscious work environment according to policies and procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Southeast Milk, Inc. promotes an equal employment opportunity work place and a drug free workplace. Southeast Milk, Inc. employees are expected to perform duties assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and responsibilities may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
For best results, please use Internet Explorer to submit applications.