Night Shift Supervisor
LOCATION: Ultra Filtration, Baconton, GA
POSTING DATE: Wednesday, December 6, 2017
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in dairy plant operations.
- Food processing maintenance experience.
- Prefer 2 years experience in membrane processing.
- Experience with HTST.
- Thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements for food processing, dairy preferred.
- Knowledge of milk or whey membranes.
- Must have an acceptable background check and a negative pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have proof of U.S. Citizenship or have a valid work visa.
- Detail oriented, team member, quick problem solver.
- Strong, honest work ethic with ability to handle multiple tasks daily.
- Ability to provide organization to all plant activities.
- Ability to identify the right problem and develop correction action.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Provide processing supervision for plant operation while on duty and when the Plant Manager is not on site or is unavailable.
- Properly recruit, select and train personal in job functions
- Develop a plant processing team that is effective in realizing the maximum effectiveness and efficiencies of a plant.
- Provide a safe place to work through safety programs
- Produce the highest quality dairy products within the industry.
- Produce the lowest cost product within the industry.
- Provide the required maintenance for proper plant operation.
- Interface with NAMP sales and deliveries of milk products.
- Monitor and control butterfat and skim loss based on specs outlined
- Assist with all record keeping for your shift insuring accuracy and performance..
- Monitor Chemical usage and testing during cleaning.
- Responsible for meeting plant and maintenance cost performance goals in the operating budgets.
- Other related duties as assigned
- The employee will frequently stand, carry/push/lift up to 50 lbs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach up to a level of 8 feet and climb a height of up to 10 ft.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and demonstrate manual dexterity while performing job duties.
- The employee will be occasionally exposed to twisting of the back and neck
- The employee will continuously stand, walk, handle, talk, see, and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in all plant production areas, both inside and outside, and is frequently exposed to cold, extreme heat, wet and/or humid environment.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to cluttered and slippery floor surfaces, and contact with sharp objects, skin irritants, hazardous cleaning solutions, hazardous equipment (mechanical moving parts), and nuisance dust, fumes, and sprays.
- The employee is continuously exposed to vibrations
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
This position is classified as a safety-sensitive position; Responsible for creating and maintaining a safety-conscious work environment according to policies and procedures
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Southeast Milk, Inc. promotes an equal employment opportunity work place and a drug free workplace. Southeast Milk, Inc. employees are expected to perform duties assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and responsibilities may be modified when deemed appropriate by management.
For best results, please use Internet Explorer to submit applications.